New stuff is all ways interesting but ,I sorta look at the rifle rack for the nicer used stuff like mooshoo mentioned. 2 springs back I spotted a Marlin xl 7 in 2506 bought it for $200+ tax. I have yet to see one of these Marlins that wouldn't shoot well. Maybe it's my location but over the last few years I've picked up more than a few 03's and 03A3's that were partially sporterized from the 50's to 60's for 200 to 275 bucks. Used FN actioned rifles and their clones seem to be springing out of closets also for under $300. Thing is you can't jack around till August/September and expect to find these better used guns. You literally have to be visiting your LGS VERY often to score these deals. Good deals and good guns aren't allways easy to find especially when you want them together. Last weds morning after getting supplies I needed at Menards I stopped at box type sporting goods store to check out the used gun rack. There was a trim walnut stocked bolt action 22lr with a Vari x llc 2x7 on it.so I roll it over to read the barrel markings Savage Anshutz m164 next I looked at the price tag $379 had them pull off the stupid trigger lock so I could view the bore. I wasn't born yesterday and learned long time a go when in the gun shop and you see something you interested in you don't never ever let go of it or let someone else handle it. You damn well may lose it on the spot..The 164 came home with me I figured if it didn't shoot I'd bone the Leopold off it and sell it down the road. And no I don't need to worry on how well it shoots. Allways look at the used stuff never know when someone is gonna get stupid. That 164 got put in the rack 1 hr before I got there. MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 06/21/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "