Any suggestions for a mid priced SA for a build? Recently ran into some money after a home sale. After a lifetime of hating the 243 Win.....It's become my Plinker and in a Ruger American...a fairly accurate rifle that rides w me often. Had no kills yet, but decent amount of range time.

When Savage flooded the market 10-15 years ago...I bought several. All shot well...they were just "Clunky". The Rugers are more refined, but still a bit Cheap feeling. My end goal is somewhat of a feel thing. When you pick up a rig that is a decent barrel and action in a McMillan....it's just got a different "feel". I am trying to end up there without a $4000 super custom. Sometimes you see factory R700 SA no bottom metal or trigger. Could go that route and end up happy. But wanted to ask if there are different options? I though Stillers were sub $1000 but most custom actions come in at the same price from what I've seen. Right at $1000. Suggestions?

Off topic, but I don't have a SnipersHide log in and couldn't get one last I attempted. That had 100 LA Magnum actions that had been worked over pretty well. Maybe a month down. I was considering grabbing one of those for a 338 Win Mag. And clue if they're sold out? Or how to contact seller direct?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....