Originally Posted by Pappy348
The Hornady manual data for the 6.5 Grendel with a 100gr bullet tops out at 2700fps, so I gotta wonder how they squeeze more velocity from a shorter case through a smaller hole at the same pressure level (AR platform). A little optimism with the figures wouldn't keep me from buying one though. I expect better support from Hornady than Nosler gives their .24.

That seems low, this is from the Ramshot manual for Accurate 2520: 100 NOSLER B-TIP 31.8 2,767 51,834 2.230 C (max load). BUT, that's a 20" barrel, and the 6 ARC numbers are for a 24" barrel.

https://www.ramshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/WPHandloading-Guide-7.0-Web-REV.pdf

All that said, there's nothing wrong with the Grendel, especially as a hunting round for medium game. My personal take, though, is that this case size is about perfect for a 6mm bore, since the highest BC 6.5 bullets don't really fit in the Grendel. The other cool thing is that varmint weight bullets will shoot nice and flat, while still having decent BCs. The 65-80 grain varmint bullets seem like a good place to start.

I've got a few things to sort through first, but a 6 ARC upper has replaced a 6 DTI upper on the buy list. I'm thinking 20" barrel, though 22" is tempting. The hot tip is to buy E-lander mags if you want hi-cap, that's what Barrett used for SOCOM. The smaller (17/10/5) mags should be pretty reliable in any brand.