Almost a limitless bunch of choices out there, just depends on what one likes. I have shot a bunch of moose in the last 55 years here in Alaska. I started with and old Weaver all steel 4 power with a post reticle on a Springfield 30-06. When I got out of the service in 1973 I used a Redfield 3-9 Widefield for a couple of years on a .300 Win. Mag. Then I picked up a Ruger M77 in .338 and put a Leupold 1.5-5x20 with a Duplex reticle on it and used it for 12 years. I think my longest shot with it was a little over 350 yards. In the mid 80's I discovered the Leupold 2.5-8x36 with a Duplex reticle. In the early 90's I put a .338 together based on a Mod. 70 "Classic Stainless". About a year ago I put a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 with the Forceplex reticle and illumination on that .338 and doubt at my age I will change it.

My eyes as I am almost 70 have changed and I like the 30mm Nightforce scope with illumination option. Reticles like the Boone & Crockett and similar are fast. Once you learn how to use them with your rifles load they are like a point and shoot system. That is a good feature for moose that can quickly disappear into the pucker brush.

One of my favorite reticles is Leupolds Post-Duplex and Firedot #4 found in the VXR series. They show up good in low light and offer plenty of precision for ou to 500 yard shots on big game. I still have a couple of Leupolds on my two 30-06 rifles, but I don't dial them, strictly zero and leave alone. Both scopes have the Boone & Crockett reticle. The Nightforce scopes are usually very reliable. Moose in my experience are usually shot well under 200 yards and often when light is fading. They are also a big critter and the broad side lung shot offers a big kill zone and a big heavy high powered scope is not needed.