About 10 years back I won a Gun Broker auction for a Zastava Charles Daly commercial 98 action. A friend sold me a short chambered 7x57 barrei for $125. I took it to my gun smith to chamber and head space. While he was doing that this same friend had a stock he said he thought would fit that he would give me. He sent the stock while my gun smith had the barrel and action. So I finished the stock in True Oil. I had it nice too. Then when the gun smith called me and told me he had finished barreling the action I went and got it and tried to bolt it into the stock. OMG it didn't fit at all. I had to use a Dremmel Tool and a lot of epoxy to bed it in. I almost punted and got a Boyd's Stock but I perservered and got it in. It was a chore and I had to refinish the stock again. As the pours of the wood were already full it didn't take near as much work,. Anyway, it's finished and looks very good and I ended up doing as was suggested here. I have no clue what rifle that stock was supposed to be for but it sure as hell wasn't for a Zastava commercail 98.

Last edited by Filaman; 06/23/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!