Originally Posted by ratsmacker
While I appreciate big boomers like those, I think I'll stick with .17 Hornets and such. Recoil is not my friend, and we're kinda short on ellyphants, Godzillas, and T-Rexs here in Kentucky. I wuss out at .378 Weatherbys, and I haven't shot one of those for a LONG time. Even 12gauge slugs are no fun these days.

Hello ratsmaker,
Thanks for the reply.

You are lucky shooting those little calibers - You can get 38 bullets for one of the T-Rex - and get 390 shots per pound of powder vs 33 for the T-Rex - and shoot 125 shots to equal the felt recoil from just one shot of the T-Rex.

Originally Posted by 22250rem
Pretty cool. But no thanks. We senior citizens have learned our limitations. I won't do anything bigger than my buddies braked 340 Weatherby anymore. Even my 12 ga. slug gun seems to kick harder than it once did. That's gotta be a fabulous dangerous game rifle, although it could also be dangerous to the shooter as well.

Hello 22250,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm a senior citizen (age 69) and still enjoy these big ones. But I'm not fond of 12ga slugs either - in most cases the shotguns are too light, and recoil seems worse than my Big Bores.

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.