Originally Posted by mikieb
If I was Governor... I would make it my highest priority to cut drug overdose in my state.

I would declare an executive order the first day in office.....

" The possession and/or use of Narcan by any person in the state is illegal. This includes all state/county and local officials/employees and non-government medical practioners of any kind."

There.... your overdose rate will fall by 30% per year guaranteed.

I offered to buy a new ambulance for my hometown in NH, along with $25K annually to maintain it, if they would discontinue the use of NARCAN. They were shocked that I am such a cold and unfeeling person that I would let a person who could be saved die just because they chose to use recreational drugs. Now they send an email to my spam folder at least once each month asking for a donation to the fire and rescue squad. I could easily do it, but I won't, 'cause I can't see the use of saving the same person from self-inflicted death over and over again. Opioid user have come to see themselves as being entitled to be saved through the use of NARCAN, The pharmacies around Omaha give NARCAN to anyone who wants it. My Daughter was going to get some and I told her that I'd cut her supplemental income off if I found out that she had it or that she was associating with anyone who uses opioids and might need to be saved. I told her that GOD would save them if they were worthy of being saved, not you.