Thanks. Unfortunately, most magazines publish what generates interest with their readers and therefore, what makes advertisers money. Magazines and online articles seem to be more businesslike now (give me the facts!). But it's because of who is reading. Unless it's a story about how the hunt in the rain for example, most people don't care about the weather, the number of people at your deer camp, or any of the social aspects of the hunt. They want to know which factory ammunition, rifle or scope works the best and any other pertinent info.

I have heard a few reasons why this is, but I believe that people are more techy, and not as savvy about hunting, so they want to know what pieces of gear will increase their odds of success. More people live in the city and have less time to hunt as well. There are more gadgets around, but one has to wonder whether a laser range finder, copper bullets, a gps or an expensive optical device will make them successful in the field. Really, it doesn't matter. It only matters what they think will make them successful, and how much they are willing to spend to buy that success..

I miss the stories as well, but we are no longer in the cash demographic. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]