Originally Posted by jimmyp
Wow, looking at the prices for an SP5 I can see that you really wanted one and that you might never want to part with it! supply and demand.

The deal with the Sp5 is this. I’m not into ARs or Aks or anything else of that nature. But I remember when I was a kid watching predator with my dad and Carl Wethers had 2 mp5s. I thought it was the coolest looking gun ever. It was also featured in most of my video games I played as a kid. Then when I was about maybe 11 or 12 I watched Die Hard....This is about the time I was really taking an interest in firearms. Full auto MP5s have always been and always will be out of my price range. I never wanted to pay 2000$ for a “clone”. So when I found out about this one. I had to have it. As it’s as close as we will probably ever get to owning a real MP5. It just doesn’t have the fun switch. Thanks to WARPIG here I was able get a lead on one and get it heading my way.

I realize from a practical stand point than an AR in 9mm, a cz scorpion or whatever else is probably the more logical choice. But since when does logic have anything to do with anything ?