Beaver10: Two of my Ground Squirrel Hunting partners thought it necessary to "step up" to Clark re-barrelings for their Ruger 77/17 HMR heavy barrel Rifles!
Both shoot very well indeed - I have seen them shoot afield for a few years now. But I have not seen them "perform" at the range as yet.
Maybe a "Clark Custom" is more than just a re-barrel - I don't know?
Anyway both my friends are happy with their accuracy from their re-barreled Rifles.
My heavy barrel Ruger 77/17 HMR VBT just had its 17th (seventeenth) birthday last month and I am certain I have 35,000 (thirty five thousand) rounds down the factory heavy stainless (?) barrel!
Maybe 40,000 (forty thousand!)?
Anyway my Ruger 77/17 keeps plugging along with field accuracy that is very pleasing to me - I have not had it to a range session since the last time I switched scopes on it years ago.
One of my friends had an ammunition failure that required re-barreling by the Clark folks and the other friend was just being a gun nut and thought it would be "neat".
When my Ruger 77/17 HMR starts loosing accuracy I will probably have the Clark people re-barrel it - I put a Volquartsen trigger sear and spring kit in it years ago already.
Good luck with your new Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy