Originally Posted by rickt300
Correct me at any time if I am wrong. A 4 MOA gong at 200 yards would be 8"x8". Suppose I am sighted in for 300 yards and my bullet would hit 16 inches low at 400yards, to bring the bullet up the 16 inches I would turn the turret counter clockwise 16 clicks (1/4 MOA clicks) right? This said true MOA is a bit bigger than 1", 1.047 to be exact. Are the adjustments on scopes actual MOA or are they 1."? Or if I were trying to bring my POI up say 60 inches at 700 yards each click being approximately 1.75" I would need to turn the turret 34-35 clicks counter clockwise? The scope in question being a SWFA 10x42 Classic with MOA turrets.

Zero at 100. Enter data in JBM at 700 yards using Litz measured BC profile, if Litz data isn’t available reduce BC by 10%. Shoot a group at 700 and confirm dope, find dial MOA or MiLS that equal your elevation at 700. Go back to JBM and tweak velocity so drop matches reality. Print dope on paper, and make cards for elevation you will be shooting at if it’s different from you zero elevation. Done. Never....count....clicks....again. Range , read dope chart, dial and shoot. Done.

Unless you are shooting past 700 yards.

Sean