No sweat, Jeff. Happy Canada Day to you!

It angers some older hams, but getting your license isn't particularly difficult. When I got mine, I did the multiple guess test, and Morse testing. There were two levels of Morse you could earn to get extra band privileges. I passed the first level, but failed the second. It was nerves. The test guy had a cassette player and played a tape. He was a very nice fellow. I did the test in his den.

Communications have changed, and the old timers felt that by allowing "no code" hams into the hobby would somehow diminish it. They often talked about CBers taking over the bands. That was ridiculous, but there was no convincing them.

Even many of the Morse code users have opted for software that deciphers code and it appears as English on your computer screen. They send it the same way. Type the message and send it. Hardly what the old time operators did with a keyer. smile

I would like to experiment with more digital stuff, but I use it more for chat these days. In the fall, after the COVID thing is over, I might take a CANWARN course and set my station up to monitor weather events. https://www.ecoa.ca/canwarn.shtml

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]