Over all these years I never thought I'd have to prep. Now with all this [bleep] going on I made some changes. I am buying extra food, beans, rice, bacon and dried potatoes. Not a lot, a couple weeks worth. I made sure my propane tanks are full and bought an extra one. For my camp stove. Things like that.

But because of this spreading violence I now always carry my Glock 26 with the 17 round back up mag. I have two more 17 round mags in the truck. I bought 10 AR-15 30 round mags from Brownells and then bought 100 stripper clips. I put the 10 mags in a dry box along with 300 rounds of Norma Tac 223 on strippers and with 2 spoons. The balance of the 1000 rounds is going in another dry box. These are kept locked above my safe which has my Ruger AR-556 mounted with the Meprolight M-21. In my quick safe in the bedroom I have my XD mod 2 tactical 45 acp and 3 13 round mags loaded with 230 grain Federal HST's.

I can't tell you how sad it make me to have to do this. Even in my quiet little town. It use to be when I'd go into one of the two larger towns near here I'd just carry the Glock 26 and its 11 round mag or the 40 shield with just one 8 round mag. Before I only had concern that I would run into a single person, possibly a former inmate, now I have to consider a mob.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.