Lighting is almost everything. Was photographing the Schutzen, a beautiful 1899 250-3000 and a really nice 99K earlier today. They didn't have a good place llighting wise for me to shoot the pics. The Schutzen isn't as shiny as the other two which will end up on the cutting room floor. The pics of the Schutzen are usable barely. I will have to rig up some sort of a black curtain to take with me to any other field shoots. The best way to light guns is in a room with no outside light and strong lights aimed at a preferably off white ceiling Not at the rifle. Then you still have to move the lights around to get rid of reflections. I use nine lights in my studio. I will post pics of the setup once I get it back up. High resolution runs a close second to proper lighting. I'm not sure if there are cell phones with super high resolution. A 35 mm digital camera is hard to beat.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]