Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by WAM
Vindman should be processed by the promotion board just like everyone else. He looked like a fat boy in photos so he may not be eligible..... who cares

Vindman completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course (IOBC) at Fort Benning in 1999 and was sent the next year to South Korea, where he commanded both infantry and anti-armor platoons.[4] In addition to overseas deployments to South Korea and Germany, Vindman is a combat veteran of the Iraq War, and he served in Iraq from September 2004 to September 2005.[3] In October 2004,[3] he sustained an injury from a roadside bomb in Iraq, for which he received a Purple Heart.[4] He was promoted to the rank of major in 2008,[10] and to lieutenant colonel in September 2015.[11]

During his Army career, Vindman earned the Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge, and Parachutist Badge, as well as four Army Commendation Medals and two Defense Meritorious Service Medals.[3]

You know what all of that means when it comes to promotion? BUPKUS. I'd like to see his suitability for command marks on his fitness reports and his rankings when compared to his peers. AND the fact he completely bypassed his chain of command in an obvious partisan move (not to mention the fact ir was completely and PROVEN FALSE), He should absolutely fail on selection (FOS) and be sent home or serve out his tenure (28 years for 0-5s)

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”