So I admit, I overthink things. I have been trying to figure out what groundhog gun to get. I am in central Pa, so long shots (400+) are definately an option. I want quiet, fast enough to shoot at least 350 yards, but low enough recoil to spot my shots. A silencer may be an option. I am thinking suppressed 204 ruger, maybe 17 hornet,... I also considered a 20 vartarg, but seems like limited budget options. I can prob swing 800 right now without the glass. So seems like if I want a silencer it leaves me with very little for the rifle. I want something that won't hurt your ears if you take a quick shot without taking time to put in your earplugs. I know, bad idea but sometimes you don't have time. I wish the 17 fireballs were not so expensive, or wish there was an easy and economical way to build one...

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.