Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Feeling threatened isn't enough to justify deadly force (which didn't occur here anyway). For deadly force, your belief that you were threatened must be perceived as reasonable by the standard of the ordinary prudent person, putting themselves in your shoes at that moment. Also, the threat needs to be severe, i.e., to life or limb. The threat must also have been of imminent harm, not harm ten minutes from now, or if you do this or that.

Now we need to address whether those same standards should apply to a threatening display of a gun, and I don't think they should. Seems to me that the totality of the situation justified the gun's threatening display. The blacks were determined to raise a simple disagreement (which they manufactured themselves with the White couple) to the level where some sort of violence would result, so they could harm one or both of them, even extending to placing their bodies in the way of their car as they sought to escape the situation. That could be interpreted as False Imprisonment, which by itself justifies sufficient force to defeat it.

You started off well, but finish off in the
rediculous category.

You could have looked a lot less stupid by first
consulting Michigan Statute on what constitutes
false imprisonment.
http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-349b

So by putting all reasonable logic and sensibility aside,
we can take it that TRH would have felt
falsely imprisoned by a girl and would aim
his weapon to extricate himself ...😂

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.