The only time anything like this happened to me was with my .257 AI. I almost went lu lu trying to figure it out. Then quite by accident it hit me. It wasn't the cases. Some bullets I tried to seat too far out. The throat on that improved reamer must have been pretty short. I know this isn't your problem because you said it did it without a bullet in it. Mine was hitting the lands with some bullets when I tried to seat them farther out. I had never used a comparator to measure so I was going at it blindly. But what got me was how short my chamber is. Recently I ask my gun smith if he could lengthen the throat. He said he'd never heard of anyone doing that but he guessed he could. This amazed me because when he built another gun for me he asked me if I wanted a longer throat. I told him yes and my .250 Savage has a nice long throat that I can seat bullets way out and get another 100 FPS with.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!