Charlton is a PH born and raised in Zim and still active. Just finished his book Tall Tales and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mostly stories about elephant hunting in Zim, but he covers other topics, and gives a really good description of the Zambezi Valley. Photos are first class. There is a pretty grusome one showing human remains found in a croc's stomach.

Like most PH's that hunt damergerous game, Charlton should have been squashed or eated a few times. Interestingly, he seems to think buffalo hunting danger is over rated.

Tells a good story about how how wroking the bolt on his Ruger M77 hyper-fast left him with a jam. I've had that happen. Good explaination on the cause.

I recomment the book to all those that love hunting Africa. His stories will have you nodding your head thinking "Yep, that's right!" or "Yep, I've seen that!".

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo