Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I
Originally Posted by las
It may be months, if ever, they recover all the bodies. Cold lake, thermoclines. I used to swim in it, and even surface waters stayed cold all summer ong.

FIL plane, over 40 years ago now, had oil changed there in his Cherokee6 retractable. Mechanic put in plug for the non-retractable gear model -elephant ears on it, which broke when the gear came up, Oil pressure went to zero, turned back, didn't make it back to the airport, ditched in lake. FiIL lasted long enough for the boats to get there.

About 90 days before MIL recovered. They could see her on sonar at about 60 feet, but the divers could never find her. Eventually did, after many tries.

I don’t know where you’re getting your dive information but 127ft is nothing really and the cold is just an inconvenience for a professional. A professional recovery crew can and will be all over the wreckage in a few hours. Nothing particularly dangerous about the recovery.

basically correct,
i have dove in a long time but even me i think one time made it to 120feet, for maybe a minute.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO