Originally Posted by Blackfly1
I've looked at the pictures a couple times and I've hesitated to comment, but, the stock looks to be refinished, to me. The color looks like a birch stock which would have had a Savage electro coat stained finish. There is finish wearing on metal parts next to the wood, that also makes me think it is refinished. It looks like a nice hunting rifle. I have a friend that picked one up last fall for $325 at a local shop. That one had a walnut stock and was in very nice condition. I know they are listed higher on GB and other sites, but they are there a long time. The best money comes for like new and odd configurations. If it's a gun you like and want, it's worth what you are willing to pay, and every penny of it.
As we said in a gun shop I worked in, a gun is never more valuable than on the day it goes on the shelf.
Bfly

It's obvious someone sanded the stock with the metal still attached. Even the edges of the guard bow show this, not just the rear of the frame.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.