Have a very nice early 340 with a Weaver K6W in .22 Hornet... kinda, more on that later. Just had it to the range and found terrible feeding from the magazine, Will sometimes feed if one round in the magazine, more forget it. It is a factory magazine. Was shooting PPU ammo and had 2 misfires out of 14 rounds, good solid strikes looked like. Oh, BTW, it has been re-chambered to K-Hornet! I'm fine with that, even if it wasn't marked as such but out of the 12 rounds I got fired, 6 split in the old shoulder area when the brass blew out to K Hornet.
I'll be looking for another magazine, does anyone make after market magazines that are decent? The problem seems to be the round is releasing early and popping up to the top of the receiver, sometimes with the case head still stuck in the mag. I reload so I'll try annealing some brass and loading some lighter fire-forming loads. Shame to have so many troubles, I've always had a soft spot in my heard fro the 340 series, maybe because I remember my dad lusting after one in .22 Hornet and never being able to afford the $63 price. This one is pretty handsome, nice walnut and figured stock and I;m sure it will be fine once I get these kinks worked out!

Savage model 219 , 220 and 340 series wanted.