Originally Posted by smithrjd
Just to start an argument, I also have a 6.5 Creedmoor.. I see nothing it does better that the 6.5X55 or 6.5X57 will do. Especially with heavier bullets. Then it does not do as well. No difference in taking deer between them with a decent load that I have noted.

No argument from me. I have a 6.5x55 and a 6.5 CM but that's not stopping me getting the 6.5x57. No one else I know has one so that's a good enough reason for me.

John. I've moderated my thinking about seating bullets out to the lands (30 thou off). I've a few rifles over the past few years which have long throats where I can't seat the bullets anywhere near the lands and they all shoot under an inch with three shots. My 7x64 will do it with five. My gunsmith said a few blue words when he saw the 7x64 reamer. In all his years he'd never seen a reamer with such a long throat. I wish I had taken a pic of it before I sold it on. But he measured the diameter of the throat and it was right on 0.284 so the bullet has no wobble as it travels down the throat and into the rifling. The stubby 232gn Oryx and Vulcans in my 9.3x62 are sat way off the lands as are 180gn Ballistic Tips in my Sako 8x57. All of these rifles are amongst my most accurate shooters. All these cartridges are European rounds so I think they figured out how to chamber accurate rifles with long throats a while back.
But I guess the throat will effect velocity. I reckon enough H4350 to reach around 2800fps with a 129/130gn bullet should be fairly safe. I don't want to hot rod it as the RWS cases cost $4 each and I want to keep the primer pockets tight. I'll definately be down on my hands and knees searching in the long grass for ejected cases.