Originally Posted by Sendero558
This a Gen 1 VSSF and it doesn't have the green tint and this can be quickly detected by the absence of the black paint in the flutes on the rifle. The difference in the Gen 1 VSSF and the Gen 2 VSSF rifles are the black flutes, green webbing on the stock and the Gen 2 rifles have the dreaded enlarged balm swell in the stock as well. The same holds true for the Senderos EXCEPT the senderos do not have the green webbing. The only difference between the VSSF and the Sendero is the VSSF is a short action where as the sendero is a long action with the exception being in the Gen 1 senderos they made 2 short action calibers (7SAUM and 300SAUM) which were due to the senderos being produced prior to the VSSF line. With it being a Gen 1 also if its the early run model it will not have the J lock either.....Not an expert just have 5 Senderos and 3 VSSF rifles myself with A LOT of research on these rifles....lol

I put up for sale a VSSF in 223. It has the black stock(aluminum bedding block) with no webbing, black painted flutes and Remington Mark Pro trigger. Action and bolt handled looked like they were polished . What do I have ?