Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by AB2506
I am now a certified firearms instructor (all persons wanting a firearms licence must take this course) and I need 8 firearms incapable of firing.

Just curious as to the approach. Why disabled firearms instead of blue guns or similar?

There are two classes of licences. Non-restricted which is basically most rifles and shotguns. The feds have 6 action types. Bolt, break action, lever, pump, semiauto and muzzleloader. I need an example of each except the muzzleloader. After the eight hours of classroom instruction, the students write a 100 question exam which they have to score over 80. Then there is a practical exam where the student must demonstrate safe gun handling including loading and unloading. Minimum score of 80. So I need functioning guns that cannot fire. I need ammo that is inert. Restricted is handguns. If they take this class within 7 days of the non-restricted, they only need 4 hours if classroom before a 100 question exam and practical test. Six hours of instruction if this class is taken more than a week after the non-restricted. They must score 80 on both written and practical. For this, I need an example of a semiauto, a double action revolver and a single action revolver. Students practice with handling the guns during breaks, lunch etc.

So short answer is, they have to load and unload the firearm. To avoid negligent discharges, both firearms and ammo must be inert.

Thanks. I'd consider cerakoting the slides or something similar to further distinguish the disabled pistols. A somewhat unique color that didn't ruin resale if I wanted to go that route.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost