My favorite ground blind is the Ameristep Doghouse. It is big enough (I'm 6'2") but not so big that it is hard to hide. It comes in a smallish light carrying case. It pops open and then add the fiberglass rods to support the roof, some ground stakes, tie off the sides to some brush and you are up and running. Found some metal fold up chairs at Sam's club with a bottom and back material that resembles plastic and are very comfortable. I place my blinds under overhanging limbs or in brush to break up the outline. I add some brush to the outside and it is ready to go. My experience over the past 5 years using this blind is that it does seem to hold scent, The number of times deer have walked down wind and not spooked are to numerous to mention.

Also, what I like about ground blinds is that using them allows flexibility and adaptability.... each deer season is different from the last....it may be weather or food supply or hunting pressure. Whatever is going on can be addressed much easier than moving tree stands. We have all heard of or have personal experience with tree stand accidents. I had some close calls over the years while putting up or taking down tree stands. A ground blind is much safer. I also find that I hunt longer because I can take along some creature comforts like a lunch, snacks, drinks and etc. Even a empty plastic bottle for those times I need to "flatter my bladder". Last but not least I am seeing more deer, bigger deer, and enjoying hunting even more. I know this type of hunting isn't for everyone or all game animals. It seems to work for me in my little part of the world. Good hunting to all of you.