Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by HawkI
I dont know if Herters was made by Norma; all of mine say "Made in Finland".
I do know Sako cases are made by Norma.
The new Nosler 222 Mag brass Ive used is actually very good, as well as certain lots of Remington runs. Vintage Remingtons (Red box) are excellent.

If 204's have better brass, a 204 case is also one pass through a 222 Mag die and can be crush fit sized without firing. I used Winchester, Norma and Hornady 204 cases before the Noslers became readily available.

Yes, it can. I did that accidentally last year 😳 when one our hunting club members left some Hornady 204 brass on the shooting bench while I was shooting a 222Mag. The reloading press gave a slightly different feel with resizing the 204 than my 222 Mag brass. When I realized it, I checked the dimensions and went on to load them. When I fired them later the loads with reformed 204 were in the group with Nosler 222 Mag brass.

Wasn't aware you could do that. Guess that would solve any .222 Rem Mag. brass issues. Good to hear.

DF

Edited to add, that's good news for .222 Rem Mag rifles.

If I was building one, I'd go .22-204 with fast twist. less trouble prepping brass. I have one 7 twist and one 14 twist. 75's and 80's do great in the fast twist, 40's are my choice for the slow twist. The older .222 Rem Mag rifles won't be fast twist, so limited to lighter bullets.

Ballistics are pretty close. It's the twist that makes the biggest difference, IMO.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/10/20.