I bought a new Kimber classic 84M ( 7mm/08) way back in early 2000s that was a Gem. I most recently ( within the past few months) bought a used Kimber 84L Classic .270 win off Gunbroker. During the Lockdown, I had my smith send it off to "300 Below" for Cryo treatment. I did it for grins before I even shot it. All he did was adjust the trigger, and it shoots bughole groups with several loads, and it that skinny barrel doesn't walk off when hot. And if I couldn't have it in 30-06 ( which I wanted) since it had a 24" barrel, I accept it in the .270. From coyotes to elk, Perfect. I then, off another Forum Classified, bought an older Kimber 8400 Classic ( wood but stainless metal) in 300 WSM. This one just had the trigger adjusted where I wanted it and it is also a wonderful, wonderful rifle! It is a shooter w/o being cryo treated. So...I suggest you buy that baby! ha I torque them to 55 Inch Pounds.
Now, I am a sucker, pure dee looney about, FN commercial actions and clones. So for another 30-06 ( I have not had one for awhile though I wanted it in the 84L Classic) and just bought "what looks to be an unfired" Mark X with wonderful wood/blue, also off Gunbroker.. So, you just "have to have" a 30-06, somewhere....ha.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 07/10/20.