Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I played golf quite a few years in three states. Tiger Woods had never played any of the courses I played. Must have been racism. I went to university and was on the Dean's list, while qualifying for different 4 year degrees, all in 3 years. Must have been racism. I've never been to prison. Must be racism. I have a family and live a middle class lifestyle. Must be racism.

Then again, Tiger would never play at the schittholes where I golfed. There were non-whites that did just as well as I did at university. I've been arrested, and I learned my lesson. I made good decisions and avoided lots of bad ones. Seems to me what is called "systemic racism" is the inability of some (most) non-whites to exercise impulse control, or to learn from their experiences, or to make good decisions. There are real differences between groups that go far beyond skin color, or eye color, or hair type or color. There are genetic differences in the brains of these groups. There are endlessly verifiable IQ differences that have nothing to do with socioeconomic status. There are differences in behaviors that are considered socially acceptable (though popular culture has shifted this quite a bit in the last few generations) among distinct groups.

Good post.