Limabean: I have a "pair" of Remington 541-T's (both heavy barrels!) and the accuracy (with Varmint type ammunition mind you!) is EXCELLENT!
I like, no I LOVE, everything about these two Remington 541-T's with the lone exception of the chincy magazines (clips!)!
They work well for me in my two Rifles - they just seem "chincy" and unbecoming such an otherwise all around excellent rimfire Rifle.
My Remington 541-T with Weaver KT 15 (straight 15 power) scope on it is just dead nuts accurate with Winchester 40 grain Power-Point hollow-points.
My other 541-T has a Leupold 3x9 scope and when the right scope comes along I am going to swap it out as this Rifle shows real accuracy and that could/would be enhanced by more scope power.
I wish I could be of some help on the pricing side of your inquiry but I so seldom see them come up for sale (people that own them LOVE them!) that I am out of the loop on current values.
I do know if I ever see another real clean Remington 541-T for sale I would be a "playah" for it!
These are fine little Rifles with a virtual universal reputation for excellent accuracy and in my experience seldom come up for sale.
Best of luck to you if you decide to go for one!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy