Dad had a '55 chevy 1500 Big window, 283 and the 3 speed with overdrive transmission. About 1965 he rebuilt the 283 adding a 30-30 Duntov solid lifter cam. With the exhaust he was running, I could hear him pulling a small hill before coming down our street, and if I was in the house would tell mom "dad's almost home" and she would put dinner on the table before he walked in the front door.I used to help him,starting at age 6 , holding the feeler gauge as he adjusted the valves. Mufflers had to be glasspacks, later Cherry bombs when I was of hotrod age, lol. Had the period Corvette finned valve covers also.

Manual linkage tri-power carbs ( pontiac) or Sixpacks for us Mopar folks, are a bear to set up, but once done right, sure sound and feel good. My 440 Cuda came with a 1974- STR intake with 70-AAR sixpack setup, got it to perform properly once and it hooked, surprised the hell out of me and my son. Switched to a Nyutten 930 Holly, bolt it on and go. The STR is a cool, long runner intake that fits well in the space under the hood of the Cuda without having to add a scoop or cut the hood.