Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Has anyone tried these nylon overshoes by NEOS? They come in a couple different heights. They look like they would be lighter weight than rubber but I don't know how well they hold up.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Can't say I have. But a "friend" who needed help moving insisted on leaving a pair of gortex boots that looked exactly like those Neos, for me as a gift to remember him by. ....and I do.
He used them on the gas wells and said they were $900. They had a thick layer of mold that would have caused instant jungle rot if I put them on.
I'm not saying that those Neos aren't good. I just didn't want to look too close at his pair to see what brand the tag said.

They were heavier than the overboots when I picked them up to throw them out. Probably from the thick soles. I thought the idea was something someone could diy if motivated too. Because of gortex, they would maybe breath, which the rubbers don't. If someone could find one yard of it in a fabric store, the pattern should be easy enough. There's all kinds of stuff on YT for clothes and gear these days.
Theres gore tex socks too if anyone wants to go that route.

Personally, I like my hiking boots and one lightweight hunter made by Wolverines.....for hunting Ruskies during the warmer months.
When it rains, I don't go far, so rubbers or over boots might work well.