Originally Posted by Pappy348
I have a 4.5-14 on my Grendel, which is as much a range toy as anything. I keep thinking I should go with something lighter and more compact like a K6, but that only gets me a few ounces. Decisions decisions!

I think the 1948 is gonna be okay. I installed a Timney with the side safety, but left the wing so I can lock the bolt. Had to whittle a bit on the B&C and open the trigger slot in the guard. Went from about 6lbs to 2.5 on the trigger. My first Timney. Now I know why they're popular.

That's funny, because at the beginning of the Grendel project, I was thinking about that same scope! I wouldn't bother switching to save a few oz. The idea of a fixed scope might be a more compelling reason to change, for a deer rifle.

Since most factory triggers weren't made to adjust, the aftermarket trade really got bigger. I would have thought that companies like Timney would have taken a sizable hit when more rifles came out with better, factory triggers (thanks for that, Savage Arms!), but they are still knocking them out. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]