Originally Posted by MOGC
Good grief, you grumpy bastard. A guy post a knife he is happy with (I love this fillet knife) and instead of either complimenting it, or ignoring the post because you have nothing positive to contribute, you go off on an odd tangent to compare it to something else. He's happy with his knife, that's ok. He doesn't need anyone's approval to be happy with his blade. And especially doesn't need goaded to compare it to another custom that is quite difficult and expensive to get your hands on like a Phil Wilson. Your suggestion comes off snobby (look at ME, I have a WILSON) and as if you are chitting on another makers work. The OP did not ask "What knife should I compare my new fillet knife to?" I never thought of you as that guy before. With that said, I could be wrong.

Gary,

Sorry you read the thread this way. You seem to be a lone ranger...
Thanks to those on the thread, and those offline, who gave me the feedback I was looking for.
I ordered a boning knife from Dale based on all your feedback.

Can't wait to get it!

(As a bonus, Dale tells me he's moving to Wyoming which will make us neighbors...hoping to have him up for a hunt...)

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...