Originally Posted by hotsoup
Was wondering if anyone owned/hunted with one in the last few years. Likes, dislikes, etc. I have a 1976 BDL and it's been an excellent rifle. Have owned a couple wood ADL's 30 years ago and they were good too. Just wondering about recent experiences with an SPS. Thanks for any responses.

I've got one in .30-06 I bought in 2007. Great rifle. I disagree with a lot of the bitching and moaning about Remingtons. Yeah I agree, they're not like they were in even 1980. But they don't cost $1000 either. You can buy an SPS for $700, add a Timney trigger and put it in a B&C or a Boyd's stock and have a nice no frills rifle for around $1000 if you want. Or you can even keep the X Mark Pro trigger and bed it in good into it's synthetic stock and find a good gun smith and have him rework the trigger and get it down to 3 pounds. Either way you'll have a damn good rifle a lot cheaper than you can buy something simlar at your LGS. Well, unless you find a good used one. That's what I actually do. I'm talking this crap but I seldom by new rifles anymore. I look in pawn shops and the used shelf in a gun store. I haven't bought something new in years.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/14/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!