I was born in 1938 in San Francisco. I well remember the war. I remember the air raid sirens going off, sometimes at two or three in the morning. I remember the shore batteries at Fort Funston going off. Was it a practice run or were the Japanese storming the beaches. Out house was just about a mile from the beach. One never knew. Fortunately they were all practice runs but we never knew for sure.

I also remember growing up free. Playing in the streets, roaming Golden gate Park from on long end to the other with my buddies was adventure in itself. I can remember going all over the city on my bike even trying to go up the really steep hills on one of those heavy one speed Schwins. Usually ended up walking it up the hill but made up for in on the way back down.

If what we have now is progress, then my heart bleeds for the kids that will grow up never knowing the good life we of out generation had the good fortune to experience. We were the lucky ones.

Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE