PJ65,

First, if a dealer is trying to sell you a Pioneer 500 for $10,000, go somewhere else. I bought my 2020 model in February brand new for $7,300.

I was looking for a sxs and checked most models out. Where I'm using it the Pioneer 500 has plenty of power. My brother also has one and the two of us are big men and can run 40-50 mph in it.

I was going to be plowing with mine and wanted a compact machine. I've got a Warn 2500 lb winch and mounted the Honda/Warn plow system on it. Very easy to do. Also very easy to put on/take off as season dictates. I mounted the 54 inch plow blade on the advise of the local dealer and it worked perfectly. I also pulled the steel cable off and put the poly rope on in it's place. It doesn't kink and works smoother. All in on the plow system I spent $750. The first three gears are low. My driveway is up hill and when I come out of the garage plowing that thing is up shifting as it goes up the hill. I plowed all winter with it and only put it in 4wd once.

Only other purchases for it have been rear view mirrors mounted on the roll bars and a soft top on the roof, very handy in rain and snow.