Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I try to live by "Five Rules" in Life:

1) Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, mind and soul.

2) Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

3) I don't CARE! ( when other are all stirred up ,ha)

4) YOU can't MAKE ME CARE! (No one "makes" me feel anything! :))\

5)" Its gonna be alright"....

NOW, if that doesn't work for you, Cut them Five Ways!"
1) Long (2) Wide (3) Short (4) Deep and (5)Continuously! ha Just roll it all over on Him Pard, you only have one stomach lining
Don't let the ******** grind you down! smile

Perhaps now we're getting somewhere.

I dont know this God/Jesus.
Thought I did, might even have preached him to several thousand... but his style, his way of being, escapes me.

I found myself last night at sunset until dark in the wood sitting on a rock, soaking the ground under me with sweat and tears whispering out to the universe, to god, to my concept of this Jesus, to who ever or whatever is out there, is up there to "fix" me...
Its humiliating for me to say that, its humiliating for me to ask these questions here on the 'fire, but I am desperate for a solution, for a change... No, I'm not self loathing, but I'm so very much wanting to be a better man.

Might sound trite, but you've recognized the problem and have expressed a desire to fix it. Those are 2 very important tools to start your work with.

I had a helluva temper, but have mellowed as I've aged. Mostly I try to remember to think before reacting. Guy cuts me off in traffic? He's a dickhead or an [bleep], right? Maybe he is, or maybe he has a sick kid on his mind, or is going through a divorce or any number of other crappy scenarios. I don't always catch myself before reacting, but I often do and I believe that it's because I try to keep those types of thoughts in my mind.

I do believe that as you start to make an effort and begin to see small changes in yourself, it becomes a bit easier.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile