Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Viking story was just played up in order to attack an American icon, i.e., Columbus. The same sort of people will proclaim that it was actually Asiatics from Siberia who discovered America rather than Columbus.

It's true that both Asiatics from Siberia and Nordics from Scandinavia came to North America before Columbus's discoveries, but none of them knew they had done anything particularly of note. Columbus figured out the magnitude of what he had discovered, so it became known throughout Europe and the rest of the world, resulting in massive resettlement here.

You'll believe anything wont you.
The vikings had settlements in Greenland, Iceland, New Brunswick. It was common knowledge among the norseman.
"In 1960, a site on the very northernmost tip of Newfoundland in Canada, L'Anse aux Meadows, was investigated and archaeologists were convinced that it was a Viking settlement. The world woke up to the fact that the Vikings had reached North America before any other Europeans"

That's North America not some island in the Caribbean.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]