Originally Posted by mathman
There are too many variables in play to give a blanket answer.

I agree with mathman. This is the "competitive shooting" forums, so one would have to assume major competitive shooting. Like camp perry and the like. How many here are really in that competitive world? I shoot local competitive matches, but not to the level where I really feel like I need to do more than just partial full length size my chidt. I really don't think there are too many guys here on the fire that shoot competitively. Not even in this forum, as I don't see any guys posting in the moa all day long challenge in the ar and tactical rifle forums. If there were very many guys that shoot competitively here, they would be on that like a fly on stink.. I also agree about the "too many variables". That's, what type of competition are we talking? What chamber, no hunting rifles here, just full on target rifles with tight chambers. Are you turning your necks and measuring your neck to chamber clearance? That's critical for accuracy, as well as maintaining minimal concentricity. If that's the case, maybe the guys that full on compete will reply to the OP. Maybe they will participate in the MOA all day long challenge here too. Maybe unicorns are real too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA