Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Hope the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR all go bankrupt!

Well, as a free market economist and a big fan of this country and our economy, I will disagree.

The loss of a few billion in GDP, in this economic and political climate, would sting.

What kind of american ROOTS for the collapse of multiple major industries and the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs?

Sporting leagues don't make anything tangible, they are entertainment, so they are just another venue to moving money from one set of hands to another. All the beer and hot dogs that are sold at sporting events will still be sold, just in different places, as we will soon see when the games are played in empty stadiums. COVID-19 might kill professional sports 'cause fans will see how much they're getting screwed by the teams for tickets, parking, and concessions when they can't go to games and get out of the habit.

The only professional sport that I follow is the NFL and I only follow the NFL for betting purposes. I don't care what the players do on the field, I just care about the teams that I bet on that week win for me.