Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Unless you’re absolutely set on October, see Dukxdog’s thread about “good hunting this year in SD” a little below yours. He’s has what you are looking for but is filled until December.

Let me say a word about December — it’s when our group goes and while we’ve hit a snow storm or two the hunting has been very good; admittedly you are playing some weather-roulette, but the non-res crowds are gone and there will still be plenty of birds available.

Thanks George.

December is fantastic hunting. Weather can be rough but not always. Good thing is you don't have to be out all day and can be in the field 30 minutes to couple hours then get warm, take a little break then back hunting if you haven't filled out yet. Then you have a warm house, hot chow and friends to hang out with. I used to always plan 10 days in December for fun hunting.

No other hunters around. Birds holding tight. Dogs working close. Roosters busting out of the snow. Man, it's just plain awesome!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"