Originally Posted by winchester70
I weigh every charge and trickle up as needed. Always have, always will.

Nothing wrong with that at all. For 223's and such I just drop charges from the uni-flo powder measure. I'll also drop charges for cartridges that use ball powder or other powders that dont have long extruded kernels. For guys like mathman that always say measuring each charge is a "waste of time", they don't load for larger cartridges like 300wm, 338wm, 300WBY or the like that use a lot of extruded powder in each case. He swears he shoots for accuracy too, but has never posted pics of any targets he has shot or any proof that he even shoots. I did a little comparison yesterday with my new Tikka T3 22-250 varmint rifle I have and this is how it went:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

VS. the load I weighed each charge on:

Now, is there a difference? I will listen to some guys that post up accurate results and good comparisons. Mathman and the like, on the other hand, rarely tend to do such things. I've noticed a difference between dropped charges for my 6.5cm using H4350 powder. Even though that powder drops a whole lot more consistently than powders like IMR4350, it still doesn't produce the gilt edged accuracy of a good weighed charge.

Example:
(Weighed charge^^^^^)

I notice that difference when shooting that cartridge at and past 400 yards. A dropped charge will net me 1 moa accuracy, where a weighed charge will produce a very consistent load that produces close to 1/2 moa at 400 yards. The difference is seen when I'm trying to hit the 2" target. With a good weighed charge load, I'll hit a 2" plate 80% of the time and not even touch it with a dropped charge load. The difference is there and can be seen IF you shoot well enough to see it... For those that don't see a difference, well lets just say they need to get out and practice a little more... Hint.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA