Originally Posted by 12344mag
"The department said most of the incidents have occurred north of 42nd Street E."

I don't know the area but I would bet that statement carries some significance..........

That is the southern boundary of the worst but the best bet is to stay south of E 50th street, particularly at night. I have a buddy who lives on E44th and it has actually gotten better than when I first met him. I still wouldn't wonder around at night but the day was pretty safe.

Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Woodsy Owl says "WHOOOOOOOO- - - - - - -CARES?!" Sending all the skinny groids in the neighborhood back to Somalia with their skank congress-critter leading the pack would be a good beginning! I'd suggest sending them back on a oil tanker so maybe some of their cousins can hijack it and hold it for ransom.

Actually, the problem in that area is not the Somalis. Few live in the Third Precinct, most live a bit further north in a different part of the city. That area, as well as North Minneapolis, has long been an area to avoid if one wishes to avoid trouble.

The city council has taken over the public relations function of the police department which greatly limits the department's ability to communicate directly with the public. This letter is about the only subtle/not so subtle message the chief could distribute. And by the reaction I've heard so far, it will probably be the last message he will be allowed to give direct to the public. With the local major media in the pocket of the clowncil, he won't be able to go around them either.