Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Well, that's good to know. I didn't do a water test on both brands but I did fill each with powder & you could visually see the difference in capacity.
Recently I was helping a good friends widow sell off a lifetime of reloading equipment. 3 Dillon presses, dies, bullets, powder, primers, brass. Same stuff all of have accumulated over many years of reloading.
He was a hunter, competitive shooter, etc. There was a lot of reloaded ammo & I'm sure some of it came from his neighbor who had recently died. Would you guys shoot either guys ammo. One was a friend for over 30 years, the other guy I hardly knew.
There were 7 boxes of 45 Colt reloads with 255 gr cast bullets & it said 10 grs of Red Dot. To me that raised a red flag, that's a lot of Red Dot, which isn't a great powder in the 45 Colt. I pulled all of them, 91 had 10 grs of Red Dot. The others had either no Red Dot, 20 grs of Red Dot or else a different powder.
If I shoot someone else's loads I do it in their gun. But we got a bit off topic didn't we? 24 HR Campfire sure has changed the last few years.

Dick

Do you eat someone else's cooking?