Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Whit as you know, I am up here in the mountains in a log cabin. In the construction style that I used when I built the house, I made dovetail notches, and there is a three inch overhang of the log at the notch.
I have been plagued with squirrels eating these overhangs! I bought this stuff called "hot cinnamon" and painted it on the notches. It is quite a mess and makes your eyes water. It worked for a while and then it didn't work any more.

This is some serious business, damn squirrels eating my house. I did whack a half dozen of 'em with the 20 gauge. But they still came back and gnawed on the white pine logs.

They are eating my house!

Two months ago I installed two of these electric rat repellers off of Amazon:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Advanced Ultrasonic Rodent Repelling System | Superior Rodent Repeller, 2020 Upgraded Electronic Ultrasonic Squirrel Repellent Plug in, Rat Repeller, Repel Rodents, Mice, Rats, Squirrels.
by Sectpod
4.2 out of 5 stars 256 ratings | 45 answered questions
Price: $26.99 & FREE Returns

I have big porches with huge roofs. I hung one of these on each porch. And the squirrels are gone! I haven't even seen a squirrel in the yard since I installed these rat and squirrel repellers. You put two of these in your attic, and I bet the squirrels will be gone.

These look good I'll try them. Thanks for the tip.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough