My Mono experience has been limited to Hammer bullets, and I have taken 4 deer the last 2 yrs with them. They kill better than lead bullets from my 260 ( accubonds.) Of the 4, 2 dropped where they stood, 1 went maybe 5 yards, and the farthest was 30 yards. Admittedly, a small sample. But I really really like what I see. If you are not familiar with them they are a hp bullet, nose is designed to shed into several petals, creating secondary would channels. That leaves you with a flat point that plows the rest of the way through the deer. They are a bit pricy, but I use other bullets for practice and keep these for hunting. I would not hesitate using them for elk. Go to their website abd see if you can find their Africa report where they tested them there. Some good stuff.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.