Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Hey mathman what bullet? MB

Probably a 150 or 165 grain Interlock. He's looking to do some hog killing, not precision long range work.

An M1A level shot of 4895 under the 165 would likely do the trick.

I think Tyrone summed it up well. Stay in between the M1A and full power loads. What I find with my AR10 is you can run it close to max book loads, but its hard on primer pockets. They loosen up a bit, so watch for that. I've been shooting mine more lately and ran some loads with 4064 and pulled WWII surplus ammo 150gr fmj and I was getting groups as good as factory federal gold medal match, with zero malfunctions. Thats the thing you'll have to load for as well. The ammo has to run without malfunctioning. A double edged sword where you still want accuracy, but need reliability. If it were me, I'd use AR Comp powder, a CCI34 or BR2 primer and your 165gr hornady interlock. You can also use RL15 with excellent success. Here are some AR comp loads I was working on when I got my AR10 308. You can substitute a 165 interlock and run around the same powder charge:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I used WW brass for these loads^^

You could also run LC brass since its thicker, but thats your choice. Your R-P should work just fine. I'd also FL size the brass. I figure if I'm getting 5-8 firings out of my AR10 I'm doing good. I've got 308 brass in the tumbler right now that needs to be primed. I may try some 4895 today and let you know how it works out, but it will probably work just like any other powder I've tried in that rifle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA