Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I don't think that monster needs a pedestal to look huge. We all have our favorites in the animal kingdom, but to me nothing is as impressive as a large bear mount. A big moose or bison mount is impressive, but if you go into a trophy room it is the carnivore that grabs ones attention. He has the ability to quickly make you look like a train ran you over.

One of my fondest memories is what we guessed to be over an 8' interior grizzly that we blew the sneak on running up hill through the alders. The long blonde spring coat and him stretching it out like and Olympic sprinter for what had to be a half mile steep uphill run. I hope I never forget it and I am at the age now where I am glad he got away. But, at the time I was cussing my impatience for not looking around more on the last 100 yards of the approach.

Congrats on a magnificent trophy bear!

I was hunting in Nome and watched a big Interior Grizzly run away from us through some Willow. It would have taken me all day to get through what he went through in 5 minutes. They are powerful animals. I’ll never forget it. Very impressive.