Originally Posted by gunner500
I know what you're going through, looked long and hard for a clean gloss 2-7 leupold to put on a 1969 year model all Belgian BAR 338 WM, found a nice 1.75-5 gloss Burris, it's a perfect match for a 300 yard hunting rifle.

Sometimes I'll buy a rifle for $500.00 because it has a gloss leupold on it, knowing I can turn around and sell the scope for almost what I paid for the whole rifle/scope combo. Ha ha..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Speaking of a Leupold 2-7, one of my buddies used one on his model 71 until it puked. He probably still has it in his junk scope drawer. I like gloss scopes too, but have given away many m8's that have came on pre 64's I've bought over the years. Seems everyone here locally think those are better than sliced bread on their pre 64 model 70's. I even bought a CZ550 9.3x62mm that had one on top. Gave that away to a buddy of mine. Sold some for $50.00 at a flea market too. The retro scopes I like are the old steel tubed weavers. Last year a gave my good buddy an old sporterized p14 and put a steel tube weaver on it for him.

One of my favorite/go to hunting rifles wears a gloss Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. Try finding one of those. Its not going to happen:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA